This is a skill-oriented course to provide hands-on practice and project work in dairy farming. They will learn day to day economic characteristics about farm management, disease management, feeding management, identification of different breeds, clean milk production and cattle and buffaloes.
The objectives of this subject are:
- To meet the basic and overall practical knowledge requirement of the students of various professions in the field of dairy farming for higher profitability - specific/key points of dairy farm management.
- By seeing and doing is the key to the success of an entrepreneur in the field of dairy farming - being the main focus of the course.
- To make the students of various professional well versed with the practical skill of managing dairy farm starting from the birth of a calf till it producing its records.
- To develop self-confidence among the students on the rearing of dairy animals in farm condition, including feeding, disease control, clean milk production, breeding and selection of best animals and other intervening points from own experience for higher profitability.
- To access the financial involve and return in a well-managed dairy farm.
The trainee will submit a Practice/Project/Learning record after each class/session.
- The assessment agencies should have an expert to conduct assessment NOS wise and every trainee should score a minimum of 70% in the overall assessment.
- The assessment of the theory/knowledge will be based on a written test/viva-voce or both while the skill test shall be hands-on practical.