This is a skill-oriented course to provide hands-on practice and complete project execution work in poultry farming. They will learn about day-to-day farm management, disease management, feeding management, identification of different breeds and sexes, clean egg production and Economic traits of Poultry.
The objectives of this subject are:
- Seeing and doing is the key to success of any entrepreneurship on live animals and birds – being the main focus of skill course.
- To develop the overall practical skill/knowledge on poultry in an operational farm for more profit management, feed requirements, etc.
- To make the students of various professional well versed in their practical skills starting from hatching of chicks to the egg production stage.
- To develop self-confidence among students from various professional to go for entrepreneurship on poultry.
The trainee will submit a Practice/Project/Learning record after each class/session.
- The assessment agencies should have an expert to conduct assessment NOS wise and every trainee should score a minimum of 70% in the overall assessment.
- The assessment of the theory/knowledge will be based on a written test/viva-voce or both while the skill test shall be hands-on practical.