This is a skill-oriented course to provide hands-on practice and project work in the study of various diagnostic technique which includes routine investigation, the operation of medical laboratory equipment and its installation, calibration, quality control.
The trainee will submit a Practice/Project/Learning record after each class/session.
- The assessment agencies should have an expert to conduct assessment NOS wise and every trainee should score a minimum of 70% in the overall assessment.
Module 1: Introduction to Health care system and patient care. (3hr)
- Practice - Good health practice in clinical lab.
Module 2: Demonstration of basic equipment of clinical laboratory. (6 hrs)
- Practice: Name of the Instrument (Centrifuge, Colorimeter, Microscope, Microtome, Laminar Air flow, Hemocytometer, Hemometer)
Module 3: General consideration on specimen collection (3 hrs)
- Practice- Demonstration on Specimen collection
Module 4: Urine Analysis (12hrs)
- Practice- Practice different type of method used in examination of Urine. (Physical, Microscopical and Chemical examination)
Module 5: Stool Analysis (3 hrs)
- Practice- Practice different types of method used in examination of Stool.
Module 6: Sputum analysis (3 hrs)
- Practice- Practice different types of method used in examination of Sputum.
Module 7: Semen analysis (3hrs)
- Practice: Practice different types of method used in examination of Semen.
Module 8: Demonstration of complete Blood Cell Count (CBC) (3 hrs)
- Practice: Practice handling and operating of Complete Blood Cell Count (CBC Analyzer)
Module 9: Basic of blood bank and blood grouping (3hrs)
- Practice: Practice blood grouping
Module 10: Demonstration of ESR and BT - CT (3hrs)
- Practice: Practice Erythrocyte sedimentation rate test and bleeding time / clotting time
Module 11: Gram staining and ZN Staining (3 hrs)
- Practice: Practice Gran stain and ZN stain
Module 12: Blood sugar and Cholesterol estimations (3 hrs)
- Practice: Examination of blood sugar and Cholesterol by collection Serum from Blood sample
Module 13: Biomedical waste management (3hrs)
- Practice: To gain understanding of importance of proper and safe disposal of bio-medical waste & treatment, to gain understanding of categories of bio-medical waste, to learn about disposal of bio-medical waste – colour coding, types of containers, transportation of waste, etc.
Module 14: Report analysis and report distribution (3 hrs)
- Practice: Report analysis and report distribution